Lexington Education Foundation is a community-based nonprofit, volunteer-run organization that raises financial support from families and businesses in Lexington to fund exceptional educational activities that address the Lexington Public Schools' priorities but fall outside the scope of the LPS budget. Since 1989, LEF has awarded more than $4.6 million for activities designed to enrich the learning experience and strengthen the achievement of every student in every Lexington public school.
To bring the community together to build and sustain the excellence of Lexington public schools. To support exceptional educational activities in all Lexington Public Schools. To bring innovative instruction and new technologies into Lexington's classrooms. To support faculty's professional learning. To help our schools build strong, student-centered learning communities that inspire and engage every student to reach their greatest potential.
- Extends beyond the grant and the moment of the award.
- A teacher's opportunity to enrich his/her professional development brings the experience of educators around the world into our classrooms.
- These grants and experiences foster the creation of innovative curriculum, which positively impacts thousands of Lexington students every day.
- LEF-funded experiences motivate teachers to improve their craft and excite students to pursue their passion, contributing meaningful and positive advances to our community.
- All 9 Lexington schools receive funding to enrich learning ($57,000+ in school community grants awarded in 2016).
- 100+ teachers empowered with targeted support ($96,000 awarded for professional development in 2016).