Lexington Education Foundation is a community organization managed by volunteers who take pride in bringing Lexington residents and businesses together to support world-class public education. When you volunteer with LEF, you join a diverse team of enthusiastic individuals with a broad range of expertise who work together in small groups to build community around our public schools, raise funds for teacher-initiated grants, review and vote on grant applications, and promote our work in helping Lexington's schools be the best they can be.
Committee positions range from specific quick tasks to organizing event components.
We welcome your involvement and will work to find a valuable and meaningful role for you.
2017-18 Open Positions:
- Help with the Fall 2017 Trivia Bee: promotion assistance, set-up, team coordination, awards, etc.
- Event help in many capacities based on your expertise and time, including: decorations, refreshment coordination, invitations, entertainment coordination, registration, event logistics, photography, promotion, etc.
- Take orders for STAR Awards at school & community events
- Clerk of the Board of Directors
- Celebration for Education Event (Co-VP on Board of Directors)
- Management of IT (Co-VP on Board of Directors)
- Marketing and Communications VP (Board of Directors)
- Recruitment and stewardship of leadership donors (Co-VP on Board of Directors)