Golf Classic 2019
Friday, September 27, 2019 @ Pine Meadows Golf Course, Lexington, MA
A fun-raising event to support students and educators in Lexington - LEF's mission is to build and sustain the excellence of the Lexington Public Schools through funding innovations in teaching and learning in all ten schools.
Golfers of any ability are welcome to play either 9 or 18 holes at this gentle course surrounded by friends and all for a good cause - our children's education.
- Morning 9-Hole players begin at 8:45am (limited to 56 players)
- Afternoon 9-Hole players begin at 12:15pm (limited to 56 players)
- $80/9 holes or $100/18holes. Use code "AllDay" to receive the 18 hole discount
- Fee includes greens fees, prizes and refreshments and post-event party at the home of event organizer Lance Conrad (this is a fundraiser for LEF, thank you for your support)
- Best 2 Balls Score
- Register as an individual or build your own pair or foursome
- Option to purchase mulligans, drink tickets and raffle tickets
- Contests: longest drive on one hole, closest to the pin on three holes, putting competition during lunch
- Event is "on" rain or shine
Individuals and corporations are invited to sponsor any part of this event that will host 100+ players, fans and volunteers. Your sponsorship dollars greatly impact innovations in teaching and learning in Lexington Public Schools and help to inspire our future citizens. Thank you, in advance, for your contribution.
- Hole Sponsor: $500, includes yard-sign-sized sign on 1 hole, pre & post event impressions in marketing/communications
- Lunch Sponsor: $1500, includes on-site signage, pre & post-event impressions in marketing/communications, organization may bring a table and representatives to talk with players during lunch.
- Investor in Education: $3000+, includes option for organization to bring a table and representatives to talk with players during lunch, pre & post-event impressions in marketing/communications, year-round benefits including at LEF's Trivia Bee and Celebration events, see the full list of benefits here
For more information, or to talk with an LEF representation about sponsorship options, please email corporate@LexEdFoundation.org.
- I'm not a great golfer, may I play in this event?*
YES! We welcome all abilities, this is a fun, community event.
- I have played golf, but don't have clubs, may I play?
LEF will not provide clubs, however, you may call Pine Meadows as they often have some rental clubs available.
- I heard Pine was a walking course?
Yes, Pine is a gentle course excellent for walking and there are push/pull carts available. If you do need a golf cart, you may call Pine Meadows and arrange for a cart.
- I would like to play, but my friends aren't able, who will I play with?
LEF will do our best to match you with an appropriate group of players to create a foursome. If you have specific needs to request, please let us know at info@LexEdFoundation.org
- What is the discount code for playing 18 holes?
"AllDay" is the code you should use on the registration page to receive the discount and only pay $100 for 18 holes. 9 holes is $60.
- Why is the fee $80/9 holes?
LEF is using this event to raise money to fund inspiring and innovative projects for students and educators. If the greens fee was lower than that, we would not raise enough funds to make this event effort worthwhile. We appreciate your donation to LEF's mission and promise that your investment will be used to help inspire kids. Thank you.
- What is the event timing?
"Morning 9-hole" Golfers
8:00 - 8:45 - Registration, plus sponsored morning coffee and pastries, as well as "swing juice" cocktails (cash bar)
8:30 - 8:45 - Welcome, Thanks and Rules 8:45 - 11:15 - "Morning 9" with Shotgun Start
11:15 - 12:15 - Sponsored lunch and "swing juice" cocktails (cash bar), plus Putting Contest and Raffles
"Afternoon 9-hole" Golfers
11:00 - 12:00 - Registration for afternoon-only golfers
11:15 - 12:15 - Sponsored lunch, "swing juice" cocktails (cash bar) and Putting Contest
12:15 - 2:45 - "Afternoon 9" with Shotgun Start
2:45 - 3:15 - Closing Remarks, Awards, Raffle Winners and Thanks
3:15 - 6:00 pm - Post-event gathering at the home of event organizer Lance Conrad, 176 Cedar St.
- Is there an age limit for golfers?
This is intended to be an adult event. Teens who are experienced golfers may register.